Thursday, February 25, 2010

REVIEW: "Fit For My King" by Sheri Rose Shepherd

TITLE: "Fit For My King"
AUTHOR: Sheri Rose Shepherd
DIETY?: yes
IE?: no
MY RATING: 3***

This book sets out a 30-day diet plan where you fast off of the “whites” (flour, sugar, corn, potatoes, etc) and all artificial foods & sweeteners. You also make sure to exercise 5 times a week, and get enough water & rest.

There are 30 days of devotions on topics like anger, self-image, forgiveness, divine appointments, etc. And, the back of the book has a bunch of recipes.

I’m no longer a fan of diets (see here for what I am a fan of), especially ones that ask you to cut stuff out. But, this book would certainly be helpful for some. I definitely recommend this one to those dealing with the eating disorder of bulimia, as Sheri has struggled with this, and she shares about overcoming that in this book.


Rated: B-

No comments:

Have a Book You Want Reviewed?

Do you have suggestions of books you'd like to see reviewed here?

If so, please contact me here.

I cannot make any promises, as I often rely heavily on my local library for the books I read. If they don't have it, I probably can't read and review it. But, I will do my best!

Thank you!