Tuesday, March 18, 2008

REVIEW: "100 Days of Weight Loss" by Linda Spangle


Title: "100 Days of Weight Loss: The Secret to Being Successful on ANY Diet Plan (A Daily Motivator)
Author: Linda Spangle, RN, MA
Pages: n/a
Diety?: not really
Promotes IE?: yes!
My Rating: 5*****
See Also: the Weight Loss Joy website


Don't be frightened by the word "diet" on the cover, as this isn't really a "diet" book, in my opinion.

Basically, the author gives you 100 "days"-worth of tips for how to keep yourself motivated, and how to make a plan that really works for you. On the very last day (Day 100), she also tells you to pick your Top 10 favorites from the book, and keep those as your "tools" to help you keep on track, or to maintain for the rest of your life.

I loved that soooo much of this book focused on the hunger-fullness principles, rather than on "diety" things. Ms. Spangle encourages you to pay attention to your body's signals, wait for true (physiological) hunger, stop at "satisfied", and be mindful while eating. Love it!

Some of my favorite "tips" were:
Interested or Committed: "'interested' means you only stay with your plan until something better comes along; 'committed' means you stick with your plan...no matter what!"
Half-Off Special: eat half as much as you normally would; never go back for 'seconds'
Smaller Amounts, Less Often: don't feel deprived; no foods are 'forbidden'; just eat smaller amounts of your favorites, less often!
The Eating Pause: when you naturally pause in your eating, you're usually at the exact point where you feel 'satisfied'; if you continue past this point, you'll probably find you've overeaten.

There are so many other good tips that I had a hard time picking *just* 10 for my "Top Ten". ;o)

Highly recommended book!

No comments:

Have a Book You Want Reviewed?

Do you have suggestions of books you'd like to see reviewed here?

If so, please contact me here.

I cannot make any promises, as I often rely heavily on my local library for the books I read. If they don't have it, I probably can't read and review it. But, I will do my best!

Thank you!