Tuesday, March 18, 2008

REVIEW: "The Best Life Diet" by Bob Greene

Title: "The Best Life Diet"
Author: Bob Greene
Pages: n/a
Diety?: somewhat
Promotes IE?: somewhat
My Rating: 4****

Much as I'm no longer into "dieting", I requested this book from the library because I read (in my book club flyer) that it supposedly talks of the "hunger scale", and "eating only when you're hungry". I was curious.

And, I hadn't intended to read this book. I'd only intended to skim it. But, it was an easy read, and there was lots of good & interesting information inside.

My problem with it is that it's still a diet -- he asks you to follow calorie-counts (but not necessarily to COUNT calories), and to cut out foods. But, otherwise, it's a decent program. He is only leading you to a healthier lifestyle, by choosing foods that don't have a lot of sugars, trans fats, or salts. Closer to "natural", I guess.

No comments:

Have a Book You Want Reviewed?

Do you have suggestions of books you'd like to see reviewed here?

If so, please contact me here.

I cannot make any promises, as I often rely heavily on my local library for the books I read. If they don't have it, I probably can't read and review it. But, I will do my best!

Thank you!