Wednesday, March 19, 2008

REVIEW: "Chocolatherapy" by Karen Scalf Linamen

Title: "Chocolatherapy: Satisfying the Deepest Cravings of Your Inner Chick"
Author: Karen Scalf Linamen
Pages: 173
Diety?: no
Promotes IE?: no
My Rating: 3***

I expected this book to be more about weight loss, but it wasn't. Instead, it was mostly about different aspects of a woman's life.

I'm not sure if this book was even *supposed* to be about weight. Here's what the back of the book says:
"When life makes you crazy, reach for the chocolate: it's cheaper than therapy and you don't need an appointment. Beloved humor author Karen Scalf Linamen is back with her first new women's book in five years, and she's got a stash of sweet treats in her purse to share. Why do women choose comfort food when they are really craving something else? What if they could stop settling for second best and give their souls what they are really seeking? Would they be content? Perhaps they would glean a deeper understanding of their emotions. Most importantly, they might be able to get into their skinny jeans and stay there. With her trademark wit and insight, Karen Linamen helps women everywhere discover what they are really hungering for--and laugh out loud in the process."

Karen talked a lot about her divorce, and how she was coping now (4-years later)... and how she ate a lot to get through those years. There was too much mention about her snacking and about chocolate, and it made me hungry! LOL

No comments:

Have a Book You Want Reviewed?

Do you have suggestions of books you'd like to see reviewed here?

If so, please contact me here.

I cannot make any promises, as I often rely heavily on my local library for the books I read. If they don't have it, I probably can't read and review it. But, I will do my best!

Thank you!