Wednesday, March 19, 2008

REVIEW: "The G.I. (Glycemic Index) Diet" by Rick Gallop

Title: "The G.I. (Glycemic Index) Diet"
Author: Rick Gallop
Pages: 165
Diety?: very much so
Promotes IE?: no
My Rating?: 2**


Mr. Gallop says that you should look at a BMI chart, set your target weight around the BMI 22 range, and then follow the G.I. Diet ever afterward.

There are 2 phases: Phase 1 is where you take in less calories than you expend to achieve weight loss. Once you reach your target weight, you move on to Phase 2. This is where you add a few calories to maintain your loss.

The plan is based around the Glycemic Index. You are supposed to eat lower glycemic foods in order to lose weight. Mr. Gallop provides a "stop-light"-type plan, where those foods in the "red light" category should be avoided, those in the "yellow light" category should be eaten sparingly, and those in the "green light" category are what you should choose regularly.

A good book, but the plan is very rigid and restricting. I tried it, but didn't even last a day. I had to buy a bunch of "special" foods (stuff I don't normally eat), and it wasn't even good.

I wouldn't recommend this one.

No comments:

Have a Book You Want Reviewed?

Do you have suggestions of books you'd like to see reviewed here?

If so, please contact me here.

I cannot make any promises, as I often rely heavily on my local library for the books I read. If they don't have it, I probably can't read and review it. But, I will do my best!

Thank you!