Tuesday, March 18, 2008

REVIEW: "Thin People Don't Clean Their Plates" by Jill Fleming

Title: "Thin People Don't Clean Their Plates"
Author: Jill Fleming
Pages: n/a
Diety?: yes
Promotes IE?: not really
My Rating: 3***

The author claims her book is "not a diet", and it has a Hunger-Satisfaction Scale. She says "don't limit your food choices". But, then she contradicts herself and suggests you eat mostly low-fat food! It's a diet, if you ask me! :-?

Her Thin Choices program follows the following guidelines:

- eat mostly low-fat food choices
- have 8-10 servings of fruits & vegetables daily
- drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water daily
- get at least 7 hours of sleep
- breathe deeply for 10 minutes a day
- move your body for 30 minutes most days of the week

While these are all great suggestions, and they'll probably get you healthy and help you lose weight, I still don't agree with the "eat low-fat food" bit! I'm a walking-talking example that you can lose weight while still eating full-fat *REAL* foods ... so long as you only eat when you're hungry, and you stop when you're satisfied! :o)

No comments:

Have a Book You Want Reviewed?

Do you have suggestions of books you'd like to see reviewed here?

If so, please contact me here.

I cannot make any promises, as I often rely heavily on my local library for the books I read. If they don't have it, I probably can't read and review it. But, I will do my best!

Thank you!