Saturday, June 28, 2008

REVIEW: The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl by Shauna Reid

Title: "The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl: The Hilarious and Heartwarming Tale of a Real-Life Superhero Who Battled the Bulge and Won!"
Author: Shauna Reid
Pages: 397
Diety?: somewhat
IE: somewhat
My Rating: 4****


I found out about this book a week or two ago, while surfing around online. Found the website, and found the book...then found that my library had a copy -- yay!

Shauna Reid started out at about 351 pounds... she went to a Weight Watchers weigh-in with her sister, and had a moment of decision: she couldn't live like she'd been doing any more. So, she made up her mind right then to change. She signed up for Weight Watchers, and she started her journey.

Shauna didn't stay with WW, though. Eventually she learned to make up her own plan, and she joined a gym. This is her story of how she lost half of her body weight, and learned to make peace with her body and her life. :)

Hilarious book, but full of inspiration. You can't help but be moved by Shauna's story (which was originally just her blog-posts on her website, and then got turned into a book -- there's more content in the book, though).

Recommended.

Rated: A+

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Thanks very much for the review :)

Have a Book You Want Reviewed?

Do you have suggestions of books you'd like to see reviewed here?

If so, please contact me here.

I cannot make any promises, as I often rely heavily on my local library for the books I read. If they don't have it, I probably can't read and review it. But, I will do my best!

Thank you!