Monday, March 4, 2013

Hungry by Allen Zadoff


TITLE: "Hungry"
AUTHOR: Allen Zadoff
DIETY?: yes
IE?: no
MY RATING: 4****

Allen Zadoff used to be 360 pounds. He would hide in his apartment, and he would sneak food. He would eat enough, at one time, to feed three people! But then he had an epiphany… and he got help.
 
This book is a compilation of short (1-2 page) chapters, with humorous tidbits about gaining & losing weight. Mr. Zadoff doesn’t suggest a diet plan, but just shares what worked for him, in the hopes that you will have inspiration to get thin, too.
 
He says on page 123, “The principles of this book will be extremely useful to all people struggling with any compulsion around eating.” And, yes, there’s a short bit about anorexia & bulimia in here, too. But, most of the book is about being a food addict… compulsively overeating.
 
Definitely one that you should check out, if you struggle with food/weight. It’s light-hearted, and quick, but full of wisdom.

No comments:

Have a Book You Want Reviewed?

Do you have suggestions of books you'd like to see reviewed here?

If so, please contact me here.

I cannot make any promises, as I often rely heavily on my local library for the books I read. If they don't have it, I probably can't read and review it. But, I will do my best!

Thank you!