Wednesday, March 19, 2008

REVIEW: "The Portion Teller" by Lisa R. Young

Title: "The Portion Teller"
Author: Lisa R. Young, Ph.D.
Pages: 256
Diety?: somewhat
Promotes IE?: somewhat
My Rating: 4****

Giving you 'visuals' for sizing up your portions (things like a baseball, a golf ball, a deck of cards, a CD case, a computer mouse, etc), Dr.Young teaches you how to scale back your portions to their 'proper' sizes. She also encourages following the Food Guide Pyramid, with emphasis on Fruits and Vegetables over sweets and treats.

An excellent program that would tie in well with Intuitive Eating, in my opinion!

No comments:

Have a Book You Want Reviewed?

Do you have suggestions of books you'd like to see reviewed here?

If so, please contact me here.

I cannot make any promises, as I often rely heavily on my local library for the books I read. If they don't have it, I probably can't read and review it. But, I will do my best!

Thank you!