Wednesday, March 19, 2008

REVIEW: "Secrets of a Former Fat Girl" by Lisa Delaney

Title: "Secrets of a Former Fat Girl: How to Drop 2, 4 (or more!) Dress Sizes -- and Find Yourself Along the Way"
Author: Lisa Delaney
Pages: 247
Diety?: a little
Promotes IE?: somewhat
My Rating: 4.5****

A fantastic book! The author basically details her journey from being a fat kid, to being a fat college-student, then finally to becoming a skinny (we're talking size 2!) wife and mother. Don't be scared off by her current waist-size, though! Ms. Delaney can relate to what you're going through, as is evident by her story. I found myself relating to so much of what she wrote, despite the fact that I've only had a "weight problem" for the past 9 years.

Lisa gives you tips for how you can not only change your dress-size, but also how to get a new outlook and mindset/attitude, too!

This book was just what I needed, and I loved the "memoir" style! Very good.

No comments:

Have a Book You Want Reviewed?

Do you have suggestions of books you'd like to see reviewed here?

If so, please contact me here.

I cannot make any promises, as I often rely heavily on my local library for the books I read. If they don't have it, I probably can't read and review it. But, I will do my best!

Thank you!