Thursday, February 25, 2010

REVIEW: "Never Say Diet" and "The NSD Personal Fitness Trainer" by Chantel Hobbs


TITLE: "Never Say Diet"
AUTHOR: Chantel Hobbs
DIETY?: somewhat
IE?: some
MY RATING: 4****

Half memoir, half how-to book, "Never Say Diet" is the story of how Chantel lost 200 lbs. by following her 5-decision plan, and by changing her thinking.

Chantel now runs marathons and teaches spinning classes.

I loved the bits about changing your thinking, but hated that Chantel still recommends cutting out certain foods, and gives a "Bad Foods" list.

Rated: B

TITLE: "The Never Say Diet Personal Fitness Trainer"
AUTHOR: Chantel Hobbs
DIETY?: somewhat
IE?: some
MY RATING: 4****

This small book is a 16-week journaling companion for Chantel Hobbs’ book, “Never Say Diet“.

Each week has space to journal your cardio and strength-training exercises, and another space to journal your food intake. Also included, each week, are a main Bible verse, an inspirational quote, and a brief inspirational message from Chantel about mindset, exercise, and eating.

A great resource for those following Chantel’s “Never Say Diet” program.

Rated: B+

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As i am personal fitness freak. Thanks for sharing. I will definitely look forward to read this book and will give reviews.

Have a Book You Want Reviewed?

Do you have suggestions of books you'd like to see reviewed here?

If so, please contact me here.

I cannot make any promises, as I often rely heavily on my local library for the books I read. If they don't have it, I probably can't read and review it. But, I will do my best!

Thank you!